About Me

My photo
They say a man's house is his castle, well for a woman it's a kingdom. We are in charge of shining the armor, feeding the battalion, oiling the drawbridge, banging the tapestries, emptying the chamber pots and driving the carriage. Not to mention we must look great while doing it. In this kingdom there are war days and there are peace days, but not matter what kind of day it is, it is full of blessings and lots and lots of photography.

Kingdom Wright

Jason and I have been married for 20 years and have had a great time building our kingdom. We have four beautiful children that we share the kingdom with as well as one very large goldendoodle named Pilgrim. We love our life and are grateful everyday for the blessings we enjoy in our kingdom. If you are ever in the area please stop by and visit.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Beautifying the Yard

I have a love/hate relationship with our yard. I love the landscaping I have planned out in my head for my yard but alas that takes money and lots of it, so for now those plans are on hold.

I hate the way my yard looks now. The contractor did a terrible job laying the sod and it just hasn't quite recovered. I don't like the layout of the flowerbeds they put in and so slowly and as economically as possible I am trying to change it.

Phase One:

The contractor planted way to many bushes in the one flower bed so I decided to make a new flowerbed and move some of the bushes. So with the help of my mom we grabbed two shovels, a dirt fork, some mulch and a little bit of top soil and got to work.


The new flowerbed is going in front of the concrete patio we had poured about 18 months ago.



These four bushes on the end are being moved to the new flowerbed.



Here is the completed flower bed with four new bushes. There will soon be more flowers in the pots.



Since I disliked the shape of the old flower bed, we took the sod from the new flower bed and put it down where we took out the four bushes.


A few days after this project I moved on to Phase two but I failed to take pictures. Partly because it all happened one day very quickly and didn't take us very long. Basically all I did was move some of the bushes around in the old flowerbed so that they looked a little more balanced and gave everything a more polished look.

No comments: