About Me

My photo
They say a man's house is his castle, well for a woman it's a kingdom. We are in charge of shining the armor, feeding the battalion, oiling the drawbridge, banging the tapestries, emptying the chamber pots and driving the carriage. Not to mention we must look great while doing it. In this kingdom there are war days and there are peace days, but not matter what kind of day it is, it is full of blessings and lots and lots of photography.

Kingdom Wright

Jason and I have been married for 20 years and have had a great time building our kingdom. We have four beautiful children that we share the kingdom with as well as one very large goldendoodle named Pilgrim. We love our life and are grateful everyday for the blessings we enjoy in our kingdom. If you are ever in the area please stop by and visit.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Start spreading the news,

Im leaving today. I want to be a part of it - New York, New York
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it - New York, New York

Okay so not really but we did have a great time on our trip. Jason and I took an early anniversary trip to New York... of course Jason has been several times but this was a first time for me. It is definitely an experience! Following are some pictures of the city, the view from the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square, a couple of the food from the hotel restaurant (it is a revolving restaurant so you get to see views of the city during the meal) and one of Gray's Papaya, which I have had a fascination with since seeing "Fools Rush In" one of my favorite movies.

The first five pics are my faves... The first one with the sunset and the Phantom, well it's almost like Edward and Bella for me. I have always wanted to see Phantom on the big stage and on our way to wicked we passed it and this picture just screamed at me so even though we were a bit late I stopped and snapped the shot and yes, I am so glad that I did. The next two are of the Brooklyn Bridge which is just amazing if you ask me, the fourth is of the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park and the fifth is a view of the city.

We also saw two shows while we were there... Wicked which was well wicked. It was awesome I loved it as did Jason. We were supposed to go home on Saturday but our flight got canceled due to weather so we stayed another night and went to see Billy Elliott. It came highly recommended and while it was quite good it had too much language for me. I was however amazed at the work those young kids put into the show.

It was a great trip one I won't soon for get and I look forward to sharing the experience with my kids someday.







Us in front of the Bethesda Fountain.

Scary elevator in hotel... I wasn't much of a fan of these.

Gray's Papaya

Hotel Restaurant "The View"


Wicked billboard

Billy Elliott marquis

Times Square during the day... bright place!


Times Square at night... bright place even at night

Our new friend... Freda. She enjoys long walks on the beach but meets more people on top of the Empire State Building.

View of the city towards where the twin towers used to stand.

The Flatiron Building

...till this place shines like the top of the Chrysler building! Thank you Annie.

view through the hotel lobby ceiling

this is the street that runs in front of "The Plaza Hotel"

Ground Zero

Columbus Circle

Ghostbusters anyone?

No comments: